Friday, November 14, 2008

Coint !










Everytime that Dace gets something new, He immediatly wants to give it a name, make it a bed, and carry it around until he eventually looses it. This is an old coin that Jakes grandpa gave to him. Dace was so excited he named it Coint and put it in his bed with him. He was complaining to Jake that it kept getting lost in his bed, and that it needed a bed of its own. I came home to a very excited Dace....Jake had hand sewn this little envelope with a button ( Hand sewn), and also made it a nice little bed with some padding. I could not believe the sewing skills. I have to say I am quite embarrassed. I probably could not have done this, and probably would not have even attempted it.

10 comments:

Mandi said...

Ok so I looked at the pictures before I finished reading and I was thinking to myself, dang I wished I knew how to sew, thinking "way to go Aut"! Then I finished and holy cow Jake is superman I don't even think I know how to thread a needle. I have a seamstress that lives across the street and I am sad to say I take shirts that just need a new button to her. Way to go Jake!

Moke said...

Oh my gosh, that is so cute! Kids come up with the funniest names. That is way sweet of Jake to do all the sewing and get excited about doing things like that for Dace. That is so cute that Dace does that. Didn't he do that with something else too?

Adri and Cory said...

Way to go Jake!!! Totally shocked me! I most impressed by the button those little buggers are tricky! It is so cute. What a nice little bed for precious Coint. Love the name totally fits! Dace is such a little cutie pie. Can't wait till we see you guys!

Joslin @ Just Batty said...

Sweet, what a wonderful dad!

Stevie and Meesha said...

Good Job Jake. We are very impressed by your sewing skills. Neither of us have them! Dace is probably very proud of his Dad:)

T said...

So, Jake I have these pants that I need hemmed....... Seriously, I'm so impressed! What a cute Dad you are!! You are creating some priceless memories for you little guys! That's awesome. Can't wait to see you guys next week. Maybe I will even get to see Coint.

Jana said...

Dads are pretty amazing. Sometimes I think...if I could be as good of a mom to my kids as Kyle is a dad...my kids would be set for life!

Amber Staub said...

Jake, what a great dad you are. Dace looks very pleased that his precious Coint has a nice warm bed thanks to his wonderful dad.

Emily said...

I am so impressed! If Kevin knows how to even sew on a button it is one of those skills he is hiding and "pretending" he doesn't know how to do.

I love the new camo and bow for the boys. What a nice dad!

The Erickson Family said...

Hey Aut! Its Kacie! It has been so long! Your baby is so cute! I am so bad...i didnt even know what you had! That is how long it has been! Well i finally have a blog so we can keep up on each other better! love ya!