Sunday, December 7, 2008

Following Instructions





This is this past summer when we re-did our basement. I had to run to the store to grab a few things for our painting job that we were currently in the middle of. I specifically told Jake, "Dont let Dace get into the paint." I was gone all of about 20 minutes at the most. I came home to my little sweetheart, completely covered in paint. I said to Dace, "what are you doing"!!!! He said, " Painting and getting snacks for Dad and his friend". I go downstairs in a panic thinking "Men Painting" to find Jake and Briant (Jake's friend) painting my downstairs. AHHHHHHH. Jake was so excited to tell me he had recruted some help, and Dace was so excited to show me the good job he had done painting.

6 comments:

Adri and Cory said...

YIKES!!! How do you get mad? He was just trying to help. Darn it!

Mandi said...

Oh the heart ache of painting with kids! We painted 1500 sq feet the last two weekends. I pawned my kids off for two weeks they probably have forgotten I am their mom. I bet he was so proud of helping.

Adri and Cory said...

Oh yeah and I love the part with the snacks...they are so important!!!

Jana said...

Aren't kids such great help. Even though it might have been a mess, its a great picture moment.

T said...

It looks like he did a good job helping,.......helping himself to some snacks! See what happens when momma bear leaves the house with open cans of paint and only "boys" in charge? It will getcha every time. That is way funny, Aut!

Ewell said...

I think that this is so funny. I love moments like that. they are so fun to reminice about.